Between September 2009 and November 2016, Kamahl Santamaria hosted Counting the Cost, a weekly business and economics show on Al Jazeera English.
For over seven years he presented economic news which matters to everyday people, with the aim of showing how the global economy is a part of all our lives - not just those working in the world's financial capitals.
Special editions of Counting the Cost also came from the following locations (click the dates to view the programmes):
- World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland in 2013: a special debate on The Economic Malaise and its Perils
- Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland in 2016
- Dubai, following the emirate's economic crash in November 2009 and again in December 2010 for the one-year anniversary
- Paris Air Show in 2015
- Dubai Air Show in 2009, 2011, 2013, and 2015
- The Philippines, following Typhoon Haiyan in 2013
- Global Entrepreneurship Summit in Palo Alto, California in 2016
- Special reports from Airbus HQ in Toulouse, France and from Kiel Sailing Week in Germany